Chicken Parmesan Recipe 2
* 4 (about 4 ounces each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (and can we agree not to use the stuff in the green can?)
* 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (or mix some oregano, basil and thyme together)
* Freshly ground pepper
* 1/8 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
* 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
* 3 cups marinara sauce, either homemade or your favorite prepared sauce, heated
* 1 cup (4 - ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
* Chopped fresh parsley or basil or both, optional
1. Place the chicken breasts into a large zip top bag; using a meat mallet (not the pointy tenderizer side, but the flat side) or rolling pin, pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
2. Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasonings and pepper in a shallow dish.
3. Split the mayonnaise between each breast and spread it evenly across the top with a spatula or knife. Dredge each chicken breast, mayo side only, in the breadcrumb mixture.
4. Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Place the breast, breaded side down; cook until brown, about 5 minutes; turn and cook the other side until done, about 5 minutes more.
5. Preheat the broiler.
6. Place 1 cup of the cooked spaghetti in each of 4 oven-proof bowls or gratin dishes. Spoon 1/2 cup of the marinara over the spaghetti, top with a chicken breast then another 1/4 cup of sauce. Top with 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
7. Broil for 3 - 4 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Garnish with the herbs, if desired. The chicken Parmesan recipe is ready to serve...Enjoy it !